On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 18:20:51 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 17:54:38 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
I was being deliberately quizzical because there are different takes on what you would call simd in the language, what set of types are available to you, what intrinsics are exposed (and how they are exposed), etc.

Well, Manu would know that a lot better than I would. I hadn't even heard of SIMD before he got Walter to put it into the language, and I have yet to use it, though I do think that I need to look into it at some point to see where I could take advantage of it.

- Jonathan M Davis

D's simd library is difficult to use in comparison with gcc or clang's extensions to C/C++.
bye,