On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 19:19:33 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 6/5/15 2:03 PM, Dicebot wrote:
Martin was going for http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP75

OK, good, this needs an executive decision. We need a process to be blessed first before we talk about release frequency. Then everything backfills from there.

-Steve

The important bit is to have someone stand up and build the necessary testing infrastructure. I am to blame for not having done much on this front yet, due to heavy work load.

Time base release schedules work fine, no matter how tight, but you require good infrastructure to find regressions and revert if necessary. If people accept that deltas can be very small and that reverts will happen to remove an unstable feature, than a 6-week time based release schedule is fine. In fact I believe there is a lot to gain from it.