On 08/06/15 06:35, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

They're not polymorphic, and it doesn't make sense to call a base class
constructor on a derived class. I think that I heard somewhere that
C++11 added some sort of constructor inheritance
No, it didn't.

What C++11 added was the ability to use the implementation of one constructor from another (something D already has), and to use the parent's constructor definitions without redefining them when you have several.

None of those comes under the umbrella of "constructor inheritance", for much the same reasons you already pointed out.

Shachar