Andrei Alexandrescu:

> IMHO what makes a language real hard to learn and use is the presence of
> misdesigned features.

I don't agree, the situation is far more complex; good languages are the result
of a fine balance between many opposed needs and constraints.

> and cleaning up bad parts of the language, and now
> all of a sudden you wax poetic about this and that and the other, few of
> which have anything to do with the topic at hand.

I was talking about language design in general, it was very in-topic in this
thread.
I try to help, but often I fail... I am sorry.

> Next time I'll try a post "Let's keep lazy in the language" - that's
> bound to get a better response.

Good. Inverting points of view is often positive in discussions. It's one of
the bases of dialectics.

Bear hugs,
bearophile