On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 17:32:18 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 17:04:20 UTC, Binarydepth wrote:
I think that it could be useful to declare variables as Python does and statically too in the same language. Just make it's type when a value is assigned to the variable. This could allow a program to adjust it's data types accordingly to input when data is received from another program or an user.

BD

I disagree on the usefulness. I think this is one of the few things Perl got right; the problem with automatically creating variables is that you might create one when you're not expecting to because of a typo.

Atila

Well, do think that can be solved by making the compiler report unused variables ?

BD