On Wednesday, 10 June 2015 at 19:05:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Sure, follow your own ethics, but that won't work in an international environment as a rule without coming off as censorship. You cannot force people globally to follow a local culture.

True, and a question of balance. A little bit of mutual adjustment goes a long way.

I also try to cut down on the term "you" as a general term since people might think I mean them personally.

That's what 'one' (rather than 'you') is for. But if one uses the word 'one' in this context it comes off as archaic and elitist. So be it.

"A bad programmer create bugs when it edits its files...".

And if people force you to write "it", it is quite reasonable to wonder what else they strongly object to so you better just stay silent. I really do try to cut down on the term "you"?

Quite!