On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 06:08:57 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
1. Just keep the current spec and deal with it. Some containers are and will remain garbage collected because they started as such. Add new containers that are better alongside them.

2. Do break compatibility of containers, mainly by taking advantage of them being under-documented. In a way we wouldn't break much because not much has been specified. There are, however, parts where we'd need to change specification.

3. Leave std.container alone and move forward with std.experimental.collection. I am confident the language and its endorsed idioms have reached enough maturity to not make this addition into a regular event.

2.
std.container has always looked like a draft, discouraging from actually using it for something serious.