About the privacy aspect - the forum post came after repeated fruitless
attempts of private contact. Addressing matters in person, privately, is
of course the right way and the one I've tried through all channels I
could think of.

I think the first post was more adequate than the second one. Basically, a more eloquent version of the following would have sufficed:

Glad to hear that. However, the need for two other release managers is still
there.

The role of Release Manager and "This Week In D" are the two somewhat special
in the community: regularity  is crucial. If we have no release manager and no
contingency plan, we can't release.