On 17/06/15 10:03, Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?= <ola.fosheim.grostad+dl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Given the direction D2 has taken since D1, I'd say that I'm starting to
agree with you that powerful symbolic programming would be the better
deal overall.

But it would take a major restructuring:

1. a simpler more orthogonal core language to cut down on the special
casing when doing AST manipulations

2. a clean separation between library and application code (that way you
can limit AST hacks to libraries tie library versions to language versions.

So it won't happen… since you would then have essentially need a new
language?

It will most likely not happen. Although, I guess you could just slap it on, but it would not be an ideal solution.

--
/Jacob Carlborg