On Monday, 22 June 2015 at 14:09:11 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Naming stuff is hard, but there is definitely a cost to poor names, which is something that Walter rarely seems to acknowledge, especially if it means changing an existing name - but since this is about functions that haven't even been released yet, I wouldn't think that it would be as big a deal to change them.

It seems everyone in this thread is in agreement, so what would be the next step? It is a time-sensitive matter as preparations for 2.068's release are already underway. After two pings I failed to engage Walter Bright in this conversation; I don't think I should just reopen my pull request a second time, and I fear that if I merge someone else's pull request, I just might get my commit privileges revoked :)