On 22/06/15 14:46, Etienne wrote:
On Monday, 22 June 2015 at 11:29:50 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

* Database drivers for Postgres and SQLite
https://github.com/etcimon/d2sqlite3
async with vibe.d :
https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb/blob/master/examples/basic.d#L7
* ORM
https://github.com/buggins/hibernated
* Unit test framework. I want something like RSpec
I always got around fine with unittest { } and some imagination
* RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ
C=>D binding and register sockets in libasync?

Seems I need to actually make a try on using these libraries.

For non work related things it would also be:

* Sass
https://github.com/Lodin/sassed
* CoffeeScript
https://github.com/MartinNowak/diet-coffee/blob/master/source/diet_coffee.d#L23

* I would prefer HAML over that templates used in vibe.d but I guess
there' close enough
http://blog.seancarpenter.net/2013/05/24/using-haml-from-the-command-line/

You seem to be active member of the community. Why not attempt to solve
those? Doesn't seem like it would take that long (all the primitives are
there).

In general I feel it hard to justify when everything is already implemented in Ruby. At some point I just want to use a language and the libraries without needing to reinvent the wheel. Back in 2006 when I started with D I had some idea for an application I wanted to build. But there were a lot of missing components (many still are), I still haven't started building that application.

--
/Jacob Carlborg