On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 19:17:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 6/23/15 10:16 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 16:49:45 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 6/23/15 9:48 AM, extrawurst wrote:
I agree with Adam on this: "Just a quick concern, I don't think a
package.d should ever have anything except imports in it"
(see http://forum.dlang.org/post/qwatonmpnoyjsvzjp...@forum.dlang.org)

What is the rationale? -- Andrei

My reasoning is simple : when `package.d` only contains public imports it allows to both use simple `import std.allocator` for those who want to get started quickly and pick only necessary imports for those who try optimizing build times / code clarity. Not doing that does not change anything for those who prefer `import std.allocator` but makes fine tuning of imports impossible. Thus former approach looks either equal or
superior for all use cases.

The "import std.allocator" is already minimal - only contains the high level stuff. -- Andrei

So you have chosen worst of both worlds - neither give power users ability to fine tune imports nor allow casual users always go with `import std.allocator` and be happy? :)

If anything, that will be the first package.d in Phobos (AFAIK) which won't feature public import of _all_ package modules.