On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 19:12:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Hi folks,

We're in the final stages of moving house across the country so I'll be more or less out of commission for a few days. A few thoughts:

* Review of std.allocator has been slow. I did my best to be responsive to feedback. There are a couple of remaining open issues regarding naming of things (what else?) which I think oughtn't block inclusion in std.experimental - then we'll get to experiment and see how it all feels.

* I've been hard at work on std.collection and I think something good will come out of it. Will keep on hacking at it.

* Please don't overdo The Grand Renaming. Find some good names for new things and call it a day. Please no breakages and no clever schemes and no overengineering. This is a good opportunity to create a good precedent of having the community have a word on introduced names and doing so in an orderly manner. Please let's not squander it. Find some good names and let's move on.

* Thanks Martin for pushing the beta through, and let's make this a solid release!

Cheers,

Andrei

I don't envy you. Moving house has to be the most stressful job there is.

Though, I don't have kids so maybe I'm wrong on that :)