Am 07.07.2015 um 09:01 schrieb Suliman:
I can't understand why dub are trying to build vibed in app where it's
does not implicitly linked:

(...)

ddbc has a dependency on mysql-native, which in turn has an optional dependency on vibe-d. The current behavior for optional dependencies is to use them as soon as they are available locally. There is an open ticket to change this [1].

error:
C:\Users\di\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\vibe-d-0.7.23\source\vibe\appmain.d(28):
Error: static assert  "Error: -version=VibeDefaultMain is required to
use vibe.d's default main(). Or use -version=VibeCustomMain to use your
own main() instead. Please update your build scripts."

This static assert will be removed in 0.7.25 - a warning message has been there for over a year and the hard error will then have been there for half a year. Everyone who has still not updated their build script will just get a linker error, so I think it's safe to pull the switch now. After that, it shouldn't matter much at all if vibe.d is used under the hood or not.

[1]: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/issues/361