On Thursday, 2 July 2015 at 12:22:31 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 July 2015 at 19:38:20 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 01/07/15 10:40, Atila Neves wrote:

[...]

You could write "shouldBe.gt(value)".

[...]

In every project I have used RSpec I have added custom matchers/assertions. Just a couple of days ago I added a custom matcher to one of my projects:

[...]

Ah, makes sense. I think I'm convinced now. The UFCS as an extension mechanism could indeed be handy.

Atila

So... unconvinced again. I tried implementing it and it started getting to be a right royal pain, and then I realised that there's nothing to prevent a user from writing their own matchers right now. From your example:

void shouldBeParsedAs(Code code, ASTNode node) { //I don't really know what the types should be
        if(...) {
            throw new UnitTestException(...);

And... done. No need for a `Should` struct, no need for the complications I faced trying to use one. I think the design is as good as it can be.

Atila