On Friday, 10 July 2015 at 19:43:06 UTC, Marcin Szymczak wrote:
Hello dear D community.
While browsing reddit i stumbled upon a very nice tutorial for Rust programming language (http://nbaksalyar.github.io/2015/07/10/writing-chat-in-rust.html). I have to admit that it is very good, providing the reader with a real-life example of language usage, explains the ideology and proper style of programming in said language and most of all, teaches how to write good idiomatic code.

I think that D community could really benefit from creating something similar, a real-life project tutorial, which is able to show off great D capabilities, introduce to idiomatic and proper way of coding and spread the word to the greater audience.

It looks well done. Us D beginners could definitely benefit from more tutorials like this illustrating some of the cooler things you can do. There were a number of things I don't think I really understood until I started looking at the code in std.range and std.algorithm.

One cool thing you can do in Rust is return an rvalue from a { } scope. The only problem is then things start getting a little confusing about when to use a semi-colon or not (I'd prefer just re-using return).