On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 15:29:25 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 7/15/15 9:28 AM, Deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 08:29:40 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 08:13:20 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 07:50:46 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Good to see another bad name merged in master ^_^

Yep, same feeling here....

At this point, I think that it's simply a question of which bad name we go with. None of them are particularly good, and there's a lot of disagreement about almost all of them - and if there's a lot of agreement, it's about how bad the name is, not how good it is.

I'd be very surprised to ever get real agreement on this. There simply isn't a good name for it. And if Walter and Andrei like AliasTuple, it's probably going to stick (and Andrei does seem to like it; no idea
about Walter).

- Jonathan M Davis

Tuple is the only name where we have actual, factual feedback. Hanging in the d irc chan for years, it is apparent that calling this tuple
confuse people. That is a fact.

It doesn't confuse me. We have type tuples and expression tuples defined in the spec. An alias tuple can have both expressions and types. It's not that confusing. What was confusing is that a TypeTuple was not a
type tuple as defined in the spec.

I agree.

Andrei

It is not about you guys. Yes this as defined in the spec, for the most part. Still people weere confused about it. That is a hard fact.

At this point, the specalso say what typetuple is, and, once you've gone through it, you understand what it is. Yet, we decided to change it because everyone was confused.

There are expectation that come with names.