On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 05:05:52 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 04:02:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
2.068 - resolve remaining regressions and release

2.069 - translate to D. No new features, no refactoring. Only regression fixes and what's already in HEAD. This should give us a solid baseline. It also means that open PRs that address other issues will not be pulled for 2.069.

Perhaps we should name this 2.100, to signify such a milestone.

2.101+ -
1. Take advantage of D features to improve quality.
2. Go to full lazy semantic analysis of imports, rather than the current "analyze them all" 3. Rethink what "speculative instantiation" of templates means so we can have a coherent process of compiling them. 4. Redo CTFE interpreter so it only rarely needs to allocate memory. This was already done for constant folding, but now it's time for the rest of the interpreter. 5. Get rid of reliance on the global error count. This has been mostly done, it just hast to be finished.
6. Convert the back end to D as well.

+ 1000000000

I believe that migrating the the development of the compiler from C++ to D will have extremely positive effect to to the whole language and ecosystem. We should make this our number one priority!

@WalterBright and the other core developers:
Can you make a TODO list of what needs to be done to make this happen?

Is this list in bugzilla complete?
https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&content=ddmd&list_id=202211&order=relevance%20desc&query_format=specific
(I just searched for DDMD)