On 7/23/2015 2:22 AM, Chris wrote:
It's one thing to list "nice features", and it's another thing to use these
features in production code. As a code base grows, the limitations become more
and more obvious. Thus, I would be wary of jumping to conclusions or hailing new
features as game changers, before having tested them thoroughly in the real
world. Only time will tell, if something really scales. I've learned to wait and
see what people with experience report after a year or two of using a given
language.

It is very true that many features look good on paper, and only time and experience reveals the truth. There are a lot of programming features that fail the second clause - like implicit declaration of variables.