On Friday, 24 July 2015 at 14:50:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
ART. Of course Metal isn't general-purpose, nobody said it is, but I don't see why you'd say Swift isn't.

Swift is clearly designed around Objective-C and Cocoa.

Oh, and I didn't respond to this because I didn't even know what you meant, think I got it now. You're now saying Swift isn't general-purpose simply because it's initially designed around Apple's Cocoa OS APIs? Being tied to a single platform doesn't make a language any less general-purpose, and since they announced that they're open-sourcing Swift later this year, it will be ported to other platforms, just as Obj-C has.