On 7/24/2015 7:50 AM, jmh530 wrote:
I'm a little confused here. I seem to be of the belief that D's interfaces can
accomplish virtually the same thing as Rust's traits. In your example, if the
type you pass to foo also inherits from hasColor, then it shouldn't be a
problem.

As I replied earlier,

"It's a good question. And the answer is, the top level function does not list every interface used by the call tree. Nested function calls test at runtime if a particular interface is supported by an object, using dynamic casting or QueryInterface() calls. It's fundamentally different from traits and concepts."