On Saturday, 25 July 2015 at 13:37:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 7/24/15 6:12 PM, deadalnix wrote:
The most intriguing part of this conversation is that the argument made about unitests and complexity are the very same than for dynamic vs strong typing (and there is hard data that strong typing is better).

No, that's not the case at all. There is a distinction: in dynamic typing the error is deferred to run time, in this discussion the error is only deferred to instantiation time. -- Andrei

Runtime errors are a usability problem for users and maintianability problem for developers. Instatiation time errors are a maintianability problem for library authors and a usability problem for developers. I would argue that the latter is better than the former, but the poor developer experience of using Phobos is what made me move away from D a couple of years ago.