Hello Nick,

"Just Visiting" <nos...@aol.com> wrote in message
news:hbcbvs$1ee...@digitalmars.com...

Last things I remember:

- DmD is strictly 32-bit
- Someone ported a chronically outdated D-compiler variant to Linux
x86_64
The ideas behind DmD looked promising to me. But most of my programs
showed at least a 2-fold performance increase once they were
re-written for 64-bit.

Only on 64-bit systems. Which are already ridiculously fast anyway. So
what if they get some more performance? They already have gobs of
performance to spare. On a 32-bit system it changes the programs
performance down to "It don't f** work at all", which is the mark of
an incredibly arrogant developer who likes to shoot themself in the
foot by arbitrarily shrinking their own potential user base.

best option, build the language (and the apps) so that they compile on either and ship both.