On 7/08/2015 3:01 p.m., lobo wrote:
On Thursday, 6 August 2015 at 22:48:50 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:

I really feel like D needs to get over it's "not invented here"
syndrome, a much easier path would to just use a pre existing cross
platform windowing library. Its laughable that the people in D want to
reinvent this stuff. It's been done, just use the already working
version! Why have all this great c and c++ interop if we never use it.

I have the same gripe with how the experimental.image is doing image
that already support every image format you could ever dream of. Just
use them, they will work 1000x better than any reinvention that we do
here.

+1

If only the effort writing "native-D" reinvented unproven, untested
wheels was spent writing quality D wrappers over existing proven and
tested libraries....

*whispers* Hey hey you. You want tests? Well here is something you'll like[0]. Oh and check out[1].

[0] http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngsuite.html
[1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/zxbexpwmirzdkewhq...@forum.dlang.org