On 11/08/2015 11:55 a.m., Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Something I've been pondering for some time that could materialize a lot
faster than the D foundation would be something like a kickstarter for
me personally.

If I could raise about $15,000 in the short term - a large sum of money,
I admit - I could take a three month break from my day job and focus on
D things; likely my own libraries (i'd like to finish the minigui and
simple game bits especially) as well as documentation things, but maybe
some bug fixes and perhaps phobos/druntime bits too if there's enough
demand.

I actually have a bit of an urge to write D documentation and tutorials,
but that's actually even more time consuming than code, and less
beneficial to me personally! (i already know the stuff i'd be
documenting so it doesn't directly benefit me, whereas the code is
something I can at least use myself)

Three months isn't enough to change the D world, but with the day job on
hold, it would be enough time to realistically achieve some useful, if
modest, goals, like finishing some small libraries or a tutorial set.

But I'm also hesitant to do it for a few reasons, chief among them being
that it would take a large sum to actually warrant taking time off
work... and without time off work, I don't really have the time to do
this, and secondly that I would prefer to do the code my way still.

however, would any of you be interested in that kind of thing?

I suggested support via donation/subscribing to live streamers. Nobody even commented :/

Okay there is only two of us currently doing it but.. hey publicity + D code written. Would be great to get D core devs doing it and earning some money at the same time.