On Tuesday, 18 August 2015 at 15:11:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:
Well, that's what the last part is about, but I think you also have to tell a story about how the project came to be: that's what the first two are about.

I don't know the details, but I read a post somewhere that there are misconceptions about how long D, or more specifically D2 has been around. I believe these misconceptions could beget questions like "D has been around so long, why does it still have so many bugs!?" So you're probably right that this should be addressed.

The information exists, it's just not easy to find or particularly expansive:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Current_D_Use

You're not going to get people to agree on the idea, or they'd have done it already. ;) Somebody needs to submit a PR and force a decision, and as you say, it's not much work. You can do that and I'll chip in, or I'll get around to it eventually.

I think the first step would be to draft an email explaining the intent to put these companies' logos on the home page as "Proud Users of the D Programming Language" and get Walter or Andrei to sign off on it. This email could also contain a suggested layout. If approved, we could send the letter to the relevant contacts, and if we get a decent number of Yes's, we could move forward with collecting the companies' information/logos and deciding how/where they should be displayed.

This could also act as a sort of plug for the companies involved. It could also be discussed whether or not it was a good idea to put an "Are you using D?" link on the main page by which a company could ask for their name/logo to be included.