Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> grauzone wrote:
> > Walter Bright wrote:
> >> We both feel that this would simplify D, make it more flexible, and
> >> remove some awkward corner cases like the inability to say a.length++.
> >
> > How would this remove this corner case?
>
> Can't increment length if it's read-only.
>
> Andrei

removing syntactic sugar doesn't really remove corner cases. T[new] is being
replaced with an array builder. What usage semantics are given up with an array
builder? How will implicit conversions be handled? (alias this, etc...). How
will the Phobos array buiilder support user specified lengths (for efficiency)?