On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 21:03:05 UTC, qznc wrote:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 17:48:23 UTC, Prudence wrote:
2. Write a translation process that essentially "updates" the source code to work.

Lucky you: https://github.com/Hackerpilot/dfix

There you go!! It seems someone just as intelligent as me realizes the power of such a thing!!

The only real problem is integrating it with the compiler to make it seamless. I know there are detractors who think it is too much work, but these people like to waste time, They think they have it to waste!

But even spending 1 hr on trying to compile source code with versioning issues is a terrible of time that could be better used on more productive things. DFix is obviously a step in the right direction... but a few more steps are required to save the many thousands of man hours that are wasted on versioning control.