On 09/02/2015 11:57 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/2/2015 7:48 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
but still i'm meh on the practical usefulness of such things. I guess
if you
target a canvas and run your code in it that makes more sense but my
preferred
style is a progressive enhancement webpage where you want to know the
browser
platform and work with it rather than around it.

I don't see a whole lot of point to generating JS from another language.
You can't do anything more than JS can do, and you're likely to be doing
less.

The premise here is that Javascript is a lock-in for code that can run in the browser. So to get D code to run in the browser you'd need to generate Javascript. This concern is orthogonal to relative capabilities of languages etc. -- Andrei