On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 23:08:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 09/04/2015 12:39 PM, skoppe wrote:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 16:46:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32369114/leap-years-not-working-in-date-and-time-program-in-dlang

The gist of it is the user wrote =+ instead of +=. I wonder if we should disallow during tokenization the sequence "=", "+", whitespace. Surely it's not a formatting anyone would aim for, but instead a
misspelling of +=.

Andrei

Seems like a really, really small fish to catch. I wouldn't want to
litter my codebase with those kind of rules.

I don't see what litter one would need you add to one's codebase?

I was speaking from the perspective of whoever maintains/wrote the tokenizer.