On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 16:58:41 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Tue, 2015-09-08 at 21:11 +0000, qznc via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
Yes. I'm not sure how to structure this whole suite. The general goal is "D claims that it can match C/C++ in performance, let's have some actual numbers". So far D mostly disappoints in terms of performance.

[…]

Which D compilers are you testing with?

The benchmark records all versions: https://qznc.github.io/d-shootout/

I have found DMD to be OK but often a bit slow compared to C++ codes using GCC and Clang. However, LDC and GDC generally create executables from D codes that are at least as fast as C++ with GCC and Clang.

Yes, that is the general opinion. However, I have a hard time to reach the obscenely tuned C++ programs.