On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 00:27:45 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 09/11/2015 08:03 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Needless to say, I did not have
the patience (nor persistence!) to decipher those error messages; most of my efforts lay in copying textbook examples from the documentation and modifying them piece by piece, checking their compilability at every step, until they matched what I ultimately wanted. Writing anything complex directly was an invitation to be faced with an incomprehensible screen-filling error message (often more than one), and endless hours of randomly modifying random bits of syntax in hopes that the error will
somehow, magically, go away.

All the more ironic considering Blitz++ was intended for scientists who were not supposed to be programmer experts. -- Andrei

I do think it says more about C++ than it does about expression templates.