On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 15:13:27 UTC, Robert wrote:
Hi all,

I came across this example, and wondered what your thoughts on it are:

<snip>

It seems a little unusual to me.

Robert

For what it's worth, I was investigating this initially as a discussion about adding type-level values in Rust, and how to handle unusual cases like this. In the process we've managed to break the Idris type system: https://github.com/idris-lang/Idris-dev/issues/2609. There's been quite a lot of interesting discussion about it on the IRC channels for all three languages :) I'd be interested to know how other languages handle this, if anyone knows.