On Sunday, 13 September 2015 at 01:17:17 UTC, Brandon Ragland wrote:
x86 would be easiest to target.

I've checked out the repo, built it so far, and indeed some failures but no big deals.

Currently paging through to get a hold on what's in there. (I'll be the first to admit I don't know squat about the LLVM compiler).

A good place to start is :

http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html

You can uncomment things here : https://github.com/SDC-Developers/SDC/blob/master/libd-llvm/src/d/llvm/backend.d#L115

and see what kind of IR is outputed. Frankly you don't need to know much more than this to get started.

Don't go paralyzed because you don't know everything. Start doing something and see what is actually blocking you.