On Sunday, 13 September 2015 at 09:59:18 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 14:50:32 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-09-12 15:34, Dicebot wrote:

I also don't like mixing unittest and higher level functional tests (with setup and cleanup phases) into the same buckets - this doesn't fit nice with D module system. Latter should be placed in a separate modules/package to avoid being picked up by rdmd & Co when compiled as
dependency.

Not sure I understand the problem. Does this prevent one from writing functional tests in a completely separate directory?

On related topic - there are 2 things that are currently missing in `TestCase` when applied for functional test purpose:

1) being able to mark test case as fatal (i.e. if internal handshake or sanity check fails there is no point in trying to run other tests)

I've never heard of functionality like that, but should be easy to implement.

2) being able to do weak ordering of tests (by defining strict sequence of groups so that parallelization/randomization only happens within such group) - I have used something as simple as numerical priority value so far for my needs

There's `@singleThreaded` for that: all tests in a module with that UDA run in series (other modules are still run in parallel). I didn't think one was needed for random ordering.

Atila
Atila