On 26-Sep-2015 07:27, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On 25 September 2015 at 01:47, David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
Hi all,

[...]
our resident Mr. Why-Can't-D-Be-More-Like-C++, Manu Evans

Bah, I'm not sure what this means. If you mean I advocate for things
that are perfect how they are in C/C++,

precedented by decades of use
and millions of developers,

Technically millions could be wrong as easily as a single individual, in fact more likely so due to collective bias.

remaining as people expect them to be...
then yes.

C++ didn't get *everything* wrong, otherwise D wouldn't be so much
like C++ to begin with. __forceinline in C++ is exactly what people
want here. The behaviour is useful, and well understood; compiler will
always inline if possible, and warn if it can't. There's nothing wrong
with C++ in this case, and I wish D would just be the same.

Agreed.

--
Dmitry Olshansky