On Monday, 28 September 2015 at 23:44:55 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/28/2015 2:41 PM, rumbu wrote:
Pressing Ctrl-C in any *standard* dialog will copy the text to clipboard since
Windows 2000, even captions and buttons.

Nope. Doesn't work in the Environment Variables dialog box. Doesn't work in the Thunderbird about box. Doesn't work in the Notepad about box. Doesn't work in the IE about box. Or any of the IE dialog boxes I tried, like Internet Options.

I haven't found ANY where it works.

Hmmm. I'm don't know what you're doing differently from the rest of us. Certainly, the text in about boxes isn't usually selectable, but aren't we specifically talking about the dialog for editing environment variables here? If I open the environment variable dialog, select Path, and click on the edit button, I get a dialog that pops up that has the "Variable name:" and "Variable value:" fields. The text "Variable name:" and "Variable value:" is unselectable and not copyable (so maybe that's what you're talking about?), but the text in the edit boxes next to them where you edit their values _can_ be selected and copied. If I click on the text in the box to the right of "Variable value:", hit ctrl-a to select all of the text, and then hit ctrl-c, I get this on my clipboard:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
 Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline
Communications\ShoreWare Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline
Communications\ShoreWare Client\win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL
Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows
Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\120\Tools\Binn\;%TFSPowerToolDir%;%BPADir%;C:\Program Files
(x86)\Vim\vim74;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform
Installer\;C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin

And I can now edit that text and copy it back into the edit field for the Path variable, which is stupid to have to do but is a lot saner than editing the text in the edit box directly.

- Jonathan M Davis