On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 06:16:18 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
D2 is pretty much C++ with a Boehm collector attached to it. So to get traction D has to improve on that model significantly OR change direction completely.

You speak like someone who's read the spec, but doesn't actually use the product. If you can put your theoretical mind on hold for a few days and actually immerse yourself in the language and its idioms for practical use*, you'd see that D has a large feature-overlap with to up-to-date C++, but often feels very different in practice. Maybe take some of the time you spend writing theoretically motivated forum posts and turn it in to some practical experience?

P.S. forgive me if I'm wrong and you have done a bunch of serious coding in D, it just seemed unlikely seeing as you never seem to make specific practical complaints with example code, it's always an overarching principle or grand direction problem.