On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 02:47:32 UTC, Jacob wrote:
Idea:

A gui app for dub that you run, it downloads the package info from the repository and you can select a project or create a new one and it will automatically add or remove dependencies?

I'm having to browse the repository then manually add the dependencies to the dub.json file... so old school!

Also, the app could provide documentation, and other resources(tutorials, etc) related the packages.

An app probably could be created in a few days and would make the experience more enjoyable. I'd create it myself but I'm busy at the moment, and it would probably take a big longer than someone more informed.

Do you when you are initialising a dub project you can run it like this?
dub init <projName> <list of proj dependencies>

e.g. dub init myProj logger vibe-d dexpect
will create a project in myProj that has the latest logger,vibe-d and dexpect versions in it's dependencies.

Rather than creating a gui, I'd rather time be spent on creating a new command something like
dub update dependencies <list-of-dependencies>
(Maybe 'update' is the wrong word...) that will simply update the current dub project with the new deps.

It'd be trivial to tie a GUI into that then.