On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 06:53:56 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 1 Oct 2015 11:35 am, "Tourist via Digitalmars-d" < digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
[...]
good GC. And they keep working on it, e.g. https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/12800-sweep-free-alloc.md
[...]
https://github.com/golang/go/blob/master/LICENSE
[...]
Wouldn't it largely benefit D? I guess that I'm not the first one to think about it. Thoughts?

Why do you think Go's GC might be better than D's? Is it because we lack the PR when changes/innovations are done to the GC in druntime? Do you *know* about anything new that has changed or improved in D's GC over the last two years?

I'd be interested to hear about this.

I know that it has the reputation of being of the simplest kind. Haven't looked at the code actually (and I wouldn't understand much even if I did).