On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 at 13:31:25 UTC, krzaq wrote:
For example: you can't rely on Clock.currTime.toString() (or ISO string overloads) to provide a reliable fixed-length representation for logging purposes and the class mysteriously lacks any kind of .format() function that's available pretty much everywhere else.

The ISO standard doesn't really say what to do with the number of decimal places, and it's usually cleanest to not have a bunch of trailing zeroes, which is why the to*String functions are the way they are. I was thinking about adding a way to tell it the number of digits though, since std.experimental.logger had to deal with that. It's not something that's generally come up though. I really should have gotten the custom formatting done before now, but it is on the todo list. For most stuff though, it's best to just use toISOExtString, since it's a standard format and quite legible (unlike straight ISO - I don't know why they even have the ISO format in addition to the extended ISO format; it's pretty much impossible to read).

- Jonathan M Davis