On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 08:52:04 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
Alright seriously?
+    /**
+     * Generate green coloured output on POSIX systems
+     */
+    string green(in string msg) @safe pure const
+    {
+ return escCode(Color.green) ~ msg ~ escCode(Color.cancel);
+    }

Somebody fix please: https://github.com/robik/consoled
Irk I don't like it being done like this. I want it done right or not at all pretty much.

Further thought about UDA's especially those with high conflict potential. Perhaps they should instead be moved out into e.g. std.stdudas. That way it is not locked into e.g. testing while being reusable.

What about using compile-time-only struct-wrappers or UDA's for Visual attributes such as color, boldness, etc? For a showcase see my pretty.d (which I plan to propose to put in std.experimental.pretty):

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/pretty.d

It has bitrotten a bit lately but I'll fix it today if you want to have live showcase.