On Saturday, 10 October 2015 at 02:49:23 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

[...]

Wrong way round. Bundle dub with dmd is already planned.

I hoped 2.069 already contains dub, maybe with 2.070

[...]

I am sure Walter will have no problem with you creating a custom archive, perhaps with tar? If that suits you better. Check with him however.

[...]

That may not be possible. Unless you want to make dub dependent upon git. Which it currently isn't. Right now it uses e.g. Github to create an archive of the repository and download that.
Although some trade off will be possible.

Also it all goes through code.dlang.org the last I remember.

yes it would depend on git. I suggest a new dub attribute. The
value starts with a protocol. Like file:// if it is a zip on the local
pc or a file on a file server. git:// if it is a git repository.

[...]

It exists, the support is there. Just not in the dub configuration file. It is something that would be nice to have.

This feature would also be a "work around" for 4). I will file feature
requests