On Saturday, 10 October 2015 at 23:25:49 UTC, Manu wrote:
So I have another upcoming opportunity to introduce D in my workplace, this time as a front-end/plugin language to our C++ infrastructure, which is promising since I already have considerable experience in this area (my work at Remedy with Quantum Break), and there is a lot of recent work to interact better with C++, which we will stress-test extensively.

You only get so many shots at this; but this is a particularly promising opportunity, since the C++ code is a nightmare, and the contrast against D will allow a lot of coders to see the advantage.

There is however one critical missing feature, DIP74... where is it at currently? How is it going? Is it likely to be accepted in the near-term? Some sort of approximate timeline?

I think it would be a mistake for me to introduce this without DIP74, since we will rely on it VERY heavily, and the machinery to work-around it will start to look just as heavy-weight as the C++ code I'm trying to deprecate... but then waiting on it starts to look like missing the window of opportunity.

Thoughts?

It doesn't looks like it is getting implemented. And, to be honest, I'd rather go a principle approach + library support rather than a pie of hacks.

The pile of hacks approach is what made C++ C++.