On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 at 12:51:14 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 at 12:20:17 UTC, Minas Mina wrote:

I agree that synchronized classes / functions that not that useful.

But synchronized statements, to me, make the intention of locking explicit.

Synchronized statements are fine and serve a good purpose, no need to delete them in my opinion.

Maybe the internal monitor could be removed (with synchronized classes / functions as well), and allow synchronized() {} to be called on Lock objects, that essentially locks them at the beginning and unlocks them at the end.

Yes, I would love that.

Isn't dedicated language feature a bit too much for a glorified mutex scope guard?