On Saturday, 17 October 2015 at 17:02:07 UTC, NX wrote:

It's not because input is empty, but rather that across-web compiling is highly broken and problematic. There is an "Input" button bottom of the code area which shows what input will be given to stdin, which is actually not empty (it's written: "2.4 plus 2.4 equals 5 for sufficiently large values of 2.")

Maybe one day someone will take care of improving the infrastructure...

I see. Well, thanks for the quick reply. A quick fix would be adapting the source code, so it compiles with the given system, wouldn't it? Anyways, my aim was to bring the issue to attention and provide a possible solution. I don't know how to change the examples on the web site, so I just posted one here, so someone with the access rights can do the actual change.