On Tuesday, 27 October 2015 at 02:45:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Normally we'd be holding this on the forum, but as we all know, forum discussions tend to meander a lot and lose focus. For that reason, please write me email about joining a mailing list dedicated to discussions on object lifetime - a study group. The outcome should be a DIP that moves forward safe lifetime management for D.

+1, but creating a dedicated mailing list feels exclusive to me again. I would at least like to read what they are talking about once a while. Maybe mark the threads "experts only" or something.