"AJ" <a...@nospam.net> wrote in message news:hbodvl$c1...@digitalmars.com...

> "Walter Bright" <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>> AJ wrote:
>>> Walter, do you write at all? If so, why not take a breather and write an
>>> article about this, given that you have direct experience in addition to
>>> opinion on the topic? :)
>>
>> I write an awful lot - blogs, documentation, articles, presentations,
>> etc. The ; debate, though, is a very old and tired one, and makes me
>> tired just thinking about it :-) So many much more interesting things to
>> write about.
>>
>> Bottom line: yes, there is a case both ways. Nobody will be convinced to
>> change sides. Both can be made to work. There's nothing new to say about
>> it.
>
> How about just a list of pros and cons for each? Or even, just the
> esoteric things that you as an implementer may already know that the
> layman doesn't?

 Semicolons As Statement Terminators On Single-Statement Lines

 Pros:

 1. Makes parsing of certain (they need to be listed) constructs easier (how
much?) (?).
2. Adds redundancy which helps diagnose and isolate the following common
programming errors:
    A.
    B.

 Cons:

 1. Makes source code less comprehensible.
 2. Is redundant with the newline designator.
 3. Is more typing.
 4.