On Monday, 16 November 2015 at 06:24:05 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Sunday, 15 November 2015 at 21:45:08 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
[...]

Except that what if the container is passed to something that keeps it around? The ref-count would need to at least be incremented when passing it, and if the container were passed around enough, it could potentially need to be incremented a lot.

Ranges are potentially another big issue. As I understand it, there have already been issues with const and ranges with std.container.Array, because some of the fancy stuff that it does internally really doesn't work with const (though maybe I misunderstood).

this has a lot to do with const being virtually useless with structs