On 11/18/2015 11:02 PM, Saurabh Das wrote:
On Thursday, 19 November 2015 at 02:22:14 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
On Sunday, 15 November 2015 at 13:50:36 UTC, Warwick wrote:
On Sunday, 15 November 2015 at 11:46:54 UTC, Saurabh Das wrote:
On Friday, 13 November 2015 at 22:34:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[...]

This is slightly off-topic, but: I've been encouraging my friends
and colleagues to use Dlang over the last year and the one pain
point they constantly tell me about is that the documentation
website is "difficult to use" and "looks intimidating".

The problem is you click on "Language Reference" and what you
actually get is a "Language Specification".

Which is funny, because I think the specification page is actually a
decent reference.

http://dlang.org/spec.html

It is a decent reference for you because you understand it. For
programmers who aren't as experienced / knowledgeable as you, it's looks
like gibberish.

We have to put ourselves in the shoes of those who are just getting into
the language / less experienced and thus reduce the level of difficulty
in the documentation. ie: Make it more verbose, less technical, friendlier.

Generally a language reference is not good for learning a language. -- Andrei